Monday, June 16, 2008

Reflection of Boys' Town

If there is one thing I really noticed about Boys’ Town that struck me was the sense of family within the community. If I ever thought they did not have a family, I was so far from the truth. The truth is that their community is a family, and an extremely bonded one at that from what I saw. While the mayor was talking about his experiences I could not help but notice nothing but smiles filled his face. He was obviously very happy and satisfied with the life that he had. He kept putting his arms around one of the boys next to him and they held on to each other signifying their love and admiration for one another. They stood leaning on each other the entire time they were talking and lead support for one another. Them being in this town is an extremely good thing and makes their life better than they ever would have had where they came from because Boys' Town is a family of their own.

No comments: