Friday, June 27, 2008

Dinner at the Trevi

I decided to go to the Trevi Fountain and eat dinner somewhere around it. I found a spaghetteria with outside tables and decided the ambiance was beautiful with the red and white checkered table clothes, candles, and plants surrounding the tables. A few of the girls and I sat down to eat and looked at the other customers meals in complete awe, as we patiently sat waiting to feed our hungry stomachs. We decided we would make this meal a several course one since our time here is dwindling. I began with a Bruschetta al Salmon, and the crispiness of the bread along with the perfectly heated mozerella and smoothly layed salmon mixed perfectly together in a decident taste. For the next course I had a dish called Chanel, which was spaghetti tossed in a lobster and burgundy sauce. This was one of the best dishes I have had since I have been here because it tasted home made. It was like it had just been made in the kitchen of a local Italian’s home, and enjoyed every bit of it. Not only was this meal one of the best I have had in Rome, it was also cheap. A good deal!

No comments: