Friday, June 27, 2008

Music the center of the universe?

One similarity I find in Rome and all the countries I have visited while here is the universal media, music. Leaving for Rome I remember asking my friends what type of music they listened to and no one was sure. I expected to hear Italian spoken songs everywhere I went, but this was not the case. Every country I have been in and every car I hear whipping by my window is always filled with American music. Rap, pop, and even country artists have been among the music I have heard. I find it humerous when we hear nothing but the Italian language being spoken on the road, bar, or in a taxi and when an English song comes on they know every word, yet can not have a conversation with us. I find it somewhat amazing that if there is one thing that truly connects the world immensely, it is through music. Our American music has become something enjoyed and appreciated by those all over the world.

No comments: