Friday, June 27, 2008

Group Walk

Thanks to the heat and a horrible migrane because of it, I was not able to go on the walk to markets through out Rome with my group. I did however go to the market in Trastevere on my own, and have been to Campo di Fiori on my own. The market in Trastevere struck me the most, especially because I happened to just stumble upon it one day. I was walking home from the bus stop from Ostia Antica and noticed a market with stands splurging out of it. Immediately my eye was caught by the clothes stands outside, of course. As I entered the market I noticed several jewelry stands, as well as more clothes. Walking down to the right there was an enormous stand of fresh cut meat and what I noticed first was how much cheaper it was than in the super markets. Next to this meat stand was a fresh produce stand and I picked up some fresh tomatoes, lettuce, and peppers, all of which were phenomenally fresh when I ate them at a later time. Eating a baguette I got at a small stand I made a left to see to my surprise an entire long hall of shoe stands, my speciality. Needless to say, I enjoyed myself. I found this market so interesting because we do not have anything like this at home in the States, and I really wish we did.

No comments: