Friday, June 27, 2008

European Style

The experience I had today was something I found to be a good test and also a bit funny to me. When in London I would buy an outfit that looked very “European” and wear it when I went back to Rome. I have to admit, I also wanted this outfit to wear on my flight home to the States to surprise my friends and family. I bought and wore black leggings under gray shorts with a black top and tall flat black boots that I have see woman wearing all over Rome. It was funny to see the way approached me differently, looking as I blended in, atleast by the way I was dressed. Arriving at the airport in Rome I can not tell you how many people would come up to me and start speaking Italian. Any other time this would never happen and never do I get approached. I just found it interesting that if you do not dress like a “tourist” or “American” you seem to appear as if you are embracing, accepting, and a part of the culture more so.

No comments: