Friday, June 27, 2008

Arrivederci Roma...

Looking back on the topics I chose during my time here in Rome makes me realize how much my appreciate and view on them has changed. The Trevi Fountain, one of my themes, was the most important out of all to me because it is the one place I looked forward to seeing to the most while in Rome due to its exposure in movies. I never would have imagined the area to have been so hectic and energized because I had only imagined it as an empty space I had seen in the movies. The culture of course, was the one that changed my appreciation the most. Watching the way the Italian culture lives and acts made me both open my eyes to the world, as well as appreciate America. My third theme, statues and sculptures, is one that I found to become an interest I never had before. I did not pay much attention to art work until I got to Rome and now it is something that truly affects me and makes me want to learn more about. Even some of the statues I have seen in both Rome and France I have copies of in my home and now I can put a name and story to the sculptures. I believe these three themes were the best I could have chosen for making my experience in Rome so much more meaningful and life changing, and with out the CAS program allowing me to do so I would not have experienced as much as I did.

No comments: