Monday, June 16, 2008

Gilatto by the Trevi

Gillato has become a way of life for Romans no matter what time of the year it is. Whether it is morning, afternoon, or night people of all ages sit to enjoy this delicacy. Even mother's feed their babies small tastes of the creamy sweet treat. Especially in the Piazza Fontana Trevi is Gillato rapidly seen. At first I did not know why it was such a "fad" to eat Gillato in front of the famous fountain, until later I found out the best place to get it is actually within that Piazza. Gelato di San Crispino is a small intimate shop with several different flavors that is known to Rome. Obviously since I had heard the praise about it i had to check it out for myself. Walking in to the gillato shop a swift breeze emulated the marvelous smells of rich chocolate and creamy delicacy directly to my nostrils. I was overwhelmed about what selection to choose while looking carefully at every choice I had staring me in the face. The decision between Nutella or a fruity refresher was no easy task. Going with my usual, Nutella, I decided this would be my best bet to decide whether this shop really had the best from what I have tried thus far. Scooping my first bite I excitedly took a bite as the cool gillato sent a rush down my spine. Every part about it was amazing and refreshing. The blend of flavors was exactly on point and tasted more pure than most places I have been. When finishing my special treat I was completely satisfied and can agree with everyone else that it was the best I have had yet. Hands down.

No comments: