Saturday, May 17, 2008

Make a wish

Perhaps what I have always noticed and been most excited about seeing in Rome is the Trevi Fountain. Being a Film Production based Major, this historic fountain has been featured in several films that I have viewed and always wondered what would be like to actually see in person. When I did it was both all I imagined and at the same time not at all. In films we see the area completely empty, and nothing but the breath taking view. Of course, movies manipulate reality, but I always had this picture in my mind. When I first walked into the high traffic area, I was taken back by what really exists. Tourists, natives, vendors, and stores surrounded the Trevi Fountain making it extremely active and energetic. I guess now when I watch these movies again I will really know what goes on behind the scenes!

No comments: